Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked Kale Chips

The other day my friend and co-worker, Kallie and I were talking about our equally mutual love for salty, crunchy, deliciously addictive potato chips. Hand me a bag of potato chips, of almost any flavor, and I'll eat it up before you even get a chance to dip your hand in the bag. Oops, my bad. It's quite dangerous, actually.
In high school when I didn't give the food I ate a second thought, I really would eat a bag of Tim's Cascade chips in one sitting. Don't judge.
I'm better now.
Especially since Kallie told me about a healthy (and yummy!) solution to curbing my cravings for regular chips. Baked KALE chips! At first I was like, ew, that sounds awful - I don't even really care much for kale. But she told me she thought they were wonderful baked to a crisp. Just pull them off of their stems, toss them in olive oil and give them a very light sprinkle of sea salt and wa-la! You have yourself a much healthier alternative to the fat-ridden potato chips.
Today while I was out and about in Ballard, I stopped by QFC and picked up a bunch of organic kale. I baked them just as she said, for about 20 minutes in a 300 degree preheated oven. And the result? I literally scarfed them in no time. Absolutely delightful. And what a cinch to make!

Baked Kale Chips

1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Bake in a 300 degree oven, until edges are brown but not burnt, about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...