Friday, September 9, 2011

Grilled Steak & Gorgonzola Salad

We've been having some amazingly unusual warm weather here in Seattle for weeks now. Whenever it's hot in the evening time I find it hard to sit over the stove and cook, or have the oven running for too long. In my tiny kitchen the temperature rises and heats up in an instant. So, this type of weather is simply perfect for fresh, crisp salads (especially since tomatoes are in season right now)! I really can't get enough of them! The beautiful reds, oranges, yellows, and purples of the heirloom tomatoes - so sweet and so juicy. Salads are just the perfect way to gobble up endless tomatoes.
So far this week Eric and I have made a grilled steak and gorgonzola salad with farmers market cucumber and heirloom tomatoes. Eric grilled up the marinated steak on our little Coleman camping grill and he cooked it to perfection! I didn't use a recipe for this salad, just threw in what I thought would be a good combination of flavors. Definitely will be making this again and again!

Grilled Steak & Gorgonzola Salad

grilled skirt steak, sliced
cucumber, chopped
heirloom tomatoes, chopped into big hunks
red onion, thinly sliced
gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

Dressing:
(courtesy of Eric's stepmom, Janet)
2 parts olive oil
1 part balsamic vinegar
mustard (dijon works well, I used sweet & hot)
anchovy paste




Tonight I'm making an Alice Water's Goat Cheese Salad recipe that Janet recommended to me! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...