Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baked Figs & Goat Cheese

Goat cheese. goat cheese. goat cheese. goat cheese.
I'm going on a goat cheese binge starting now. Who wouldn't want to do this?
I can't believe I just now thought of it.

Figs. figs. figs. figs.
What are figs? I have no idea, really, but don't they look neat?
And I've never used them so I decided I need to explore.
I remembered a little blurb I saw in a magazine a month or two ago about fig and goat cheese combo being super-mega YUM, so that's all I needed to know.

Playing around with a few ideas and recipes, I ended up with a beautiful and elegant, deliciously rich, appetizer and/or dessert that delivers a variety of tastes and textures. I honestly believe it is a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.
This recipe is so simple, but guaranteed to have your friends/family/guests 'oohing' and 'aahing'.

Baked Figs & Goat Cheese (with Honey Balsamic)

1 pint ripe black figs, halved
1 tablespoon (or so) honey
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Goat cheese (I used creamy chevre)
Walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together honey and balsamic until evenly combined, then set aside.

Cut each fig in half and brush each half with the honey balsamic. Top with crumbled goat cheese and walnut pieces. Drizzle honey balsamic over goat cheese mixture.

Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes, until figs are warmed through and cheese starts to soften/melt. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...